Friday 26 August 2011

Day Nine; Chau Doc to Saigon

In Saigon we walked around the city centre, stopping at Notre Dam (the French colonised Vietnam in the past), a post office and a few other places.



I was more interested in the ice cream shop I swiftly escaped too, followed by the markets where I spent the rest of the afternoon. In the evening we met some new people joining the tour, and went for a traditional Vietnamese bbq. Here I tried deep fried crickets, and frogs legs. I decided against tasting the scorpion because it apparently tastes like liver which I hate. The cricket was GROSS, but the frogs legs were kind of yummy (not that I'd be in any kind of hurry to order them again though).

After dinner we went to a nearby bar to watch some Vietnamese music, and then we went to a good cheap bar we found further up the street. After several shots and lots and lots of cheap vodka, Vitto and I decided we were pool champions and went to play some locals. After loosing we then took command of the juke box, and we ended the night all on the dance floor jumping around to the killers.


Yep, don't forget that COCKAGE charge if you fancy b.y.o'ing!

I confidently announced outside that we did not need a taxi because I could get us home on foot no problem, and set straight off in the wrong direction. Luckily the Scottish girls were there to re-point me, and we all sauntered back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment